Sunday, September 6, 2009

The colors are coming

Looked out the front window this morning and there is already color on one of the trees. About 15 to 20% of the tree already has orange/yellow leaves on it. How can this be so early in the game. And that tree is usually one of the last ones to turn.

Summer came and gone so quickly and because of the bad weather we missed so much of it. There were six weeks of rain I thought would never end. Yes it meant that I didn't have to worry about watering the lawn or flowers, but it kept us inside and close to being stir crazy. Not that we aren't close to that on a normal basis, but it was a good excuse for it this time.

But I am looking forward to the colors of fall around here. I could sit on the porch for hours just looking around at what nature has to offer. Well, I'm done day dreaming now.
Romance in the magic of the mountains.